Hatchery and Genetics Management Plan Assistance
At Saltwater Inc. we believe that high-quality data is vital to the health of our fisheries and oceans: our mission is to provide that data. We are a Women-Owned Small Business and are constantly seeking new team members who share our passion for innovation and environmental wellness.
We are currently recruiting for a contractor to provide Hatchery and Genetics Management Plan Assistance to work with NMFS staff to perform scientific evaluations and writing to complete draft and final versions of NEPA Environmental Assessments (EA), Environmental Impact Statements (EIS), ESA 4(d) rule limit 6 evaluation and recommended determination (ERD) documents, ESA Section 10 permits, and ESA section 7 Biological Opinions required for Pacific Northwest region Anadromous Salmon and Steelhead Hatchery Programs and RMPs (collectively ‘management plans’) on associated fisheries affecting listed fish. The contractor will assist making with revisions to draft versions of the documents prior to their finalization based on internal NMFS review, and review by the co-managers and the general public. The contractor will work with NMFS staff in Lacey, Washington, and Portland, Oregon.
Work will be conducted on-site at the NOAA Offices in Lacey, Washington or Portland, Oregon, but may be performed remotely in coordination with and prior authorization. The contract has a one-year base period and will have up to four (4) 12-month option periods.
- Draft ESA documents that evaluate the effects of HGMPs and associated fisheries on ESA-listed species under NMFS and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service jurisdictions.
- Draft NEPA documents that evaluate both Puget Sound and Columbia River management plans.
- Respond to comments on the NEPA documents provided during public comment periods and during the internal review process.
- Address comments received during internal review or by the co-managers on both NEPA and ESA documents.
- Work with the NMFS staff to draft and complete NEPA and ESA effects evaluation and determination documents for West Coast Region HGMPs, bundled by watershed or type of hatchery program.
- Edit draft versions of NEPA sections prepared by others to prepare them for review within the West Coast Region, the hatchery co-managers, and the public.
- Use EndNote software to document citations in ESA and NEPA documents.
- Assisting NMFS staff on work related to implementation of provisions of the 2018-2027 U.S. v Oregon Agreement and the 2019-2028 Pacific Salmon Treaty Agreement.
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant work experience.
- Minimum of a MA or MS in the biological sciences, or 10+ years of relevant work experience.
- Minimum of a BA or BS in the biological sciences.
- Experience drafting Environmental Assessments and Environmental Impact Statements consistent with NEPA or drafting Biological Opinions consistent with the ESA.
- Five (5) years of work experience with salmon and steelhead hatchery programs or fisheries and assessing their effects on natural-origin fish populations including technical analysis and assessment.
- Experience collaborating effectively with federal, tribal, and state partners.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Saltwater’s mandatory employee COVID-19 policy requires proof of Covid-19 vaccination to safeguard the health of our employees and their families.
Salary range is dependent upon experience.
EOE & VEVRAA Statement
Saltwater Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
We strive to create an inclusive workplace culture to attract the best talent and allow each member of our team to achieve their full potential and maximum productivity.
Furthermore, Saltwater Inc. highly encourages qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply for positions for which they are qualified and to notify us if there are any needs for accommodation throughout the application process and/or upon hire.
How to Apply
Only qualified applicants with the requisite experience need to apply.
We will honor all requests for application confidentiality.
Apply online today through the link below.