ESA Section 10 Incidental Take Permit (ITP) Consultant
At Saltwater Inc., we believe that high-quality data is vital to the health of our fisheries and oceans: our mission is to provide that data. We are a Women-Owned Small Business and are constantly seeking new team members who share our passion for innovation and environmental wellness.
We are currently recruiting for an ESA Section 10 Incidental Take Permit (ITP) Consultant to perform technical and analytical support of government staff for duties associated with the conservation and recovery of ESA-listed species, specifically, assisting protected resources staff in the Office of Protected Resources (OPR)’s Endangered Species Division and Interagency Cooperation Division, as well as in regional offices in supporting the section 10(a)(1)(B) ITP process.
The ESA Section 10 ITP Consultant will be assigned to the Endangered Species Division of OPR. The work assignment details and review of contractor work products will be the responsibility of the OPR Endangered Species Division for a two-year period or as appropriate.
- Assist Federal staff in processing ESA Section 10 incidental take permit applications.
- Assist Federal staff in working with applicants to ensure complete applications.
- Assist Federal staff in working with applicants to develop conservation plans that will minimize applicants’ impact on listed species.
- Assist Federal staff in all stages of the permitting process including developing and drafting federal register notices, permits, conservation plans and Environmental Assessments and Environmental Impact Statements under NEPA.
- Assist Federal staff in drafting the documents necessary to issue an ESA incidental take permit, including conducting assessments required under NEPA.
- Assist Federal staff in conducing the analysis for the authorization or permitting of incidental take.
- Assist Federal staff in writing the incidental take permit that will be issued to the applicant.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a relevant field.
- Ecological risk assessment or environmental impact analysis.
- Scientific project management.
- Technical writing and communication skills.
- Knowledge and training in environmental regulations and the Federal regulatory process is preferred.
Salary range is dependent on the program, experience, and solicitation.
Saltwater’s mandatory employee COVID-19 policy requires proof of Covid-19 vaccination to safeguard the health of our employees and their families.
Saltwater Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status. We strive to create an inclusive workplace culture to attract the best talent and allow each member of our team to achieve their full potential and maximum productivity.
How to Apply
Only qualified applicants with the requisite experience need to apply. If interested, applicants should submit a resume and cover letter that briefly describes how you meet the qualifications listed above and why you would be the best candidate for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will honor all requests for application confidentiality.