Bottlenose Dolphin Restoration Specialist
We are currently recruiting for a Bottlenose Dolphin Restoration Specialist to assist in furthering marine mammal Deepwater Horizon restoration efforts in Louisiana (LA) to characterize threats/stressors and develop specific study designs to meet key data needs to set objectives for bottlenose dolphin restoration in the LA bays, sounds, estuaries, and nearshore waters (generally separated into nine (9) stocks of bottlenose dolphins).
Work will be one year to 15 months long, and all actions in support of this contract shall be performed remotely.
- Quantify and assess bottlenose dolphin stocks across LA basins and nearshore coastal waters.
- Understand bottlenose dolphin utilization of foraging habitat.
- Decrease threats from vessel strikes, fishing, and indirect threats.
- Document and investigate freshwater exposure effects, and apply the knowledge to decrease, mitigate, or treat future impacts to bottlenose dolphins.
- Characterize and decrease environmental contaminants and their cumulative effects.
- Detect infectious and non-infections sources of disease.
About Saltwater Inc.
At Saltwater Inc., we believe that high-quality data is vital to the health of our fisheries and oceans: our mission is to provide that data. We are a Women-Owned Small Business and are constantly seeking new team members who share our passion for innovation and environmental wellness.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in marine, estuarine, environmental science, biology, or other related fields with 2 years’ experience or a master’s degree.
- Knowledge of the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill.
- Demonstrated experience with bottlenose dolphin stocks in LA and nearshore coastal waters.
- Understanding of dolphin foraging habitats.
- Experience analyzing and proposing mitigation of human interference / vessel interaction with bottlenose dolphins and other marine life.
- Experience detecting infectious and non-infectious sources of disease in marine mammals.
- Saltwater’s mandatory employee COVID-19 policy requires proof of Covid-19 vaccination to safeguard the health of our employees and their families.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Saltwater Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status. We strive to create an inclusive workplace culture to attract the best talent and allow each member of our team to achieve their full potential and maximum productivity.
Furthermore, Saltwater Inc. highly encourages qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply for positions for which they are qualified and to notify us if there are any needs for accommodation throughout the application process and/or upon hire.
How to Apply
Only qualified applicants with the requisite experience need to apply. If interested, applicants should submit a resume and cover letter that briefly describes how you meet the qualifications listed above and why you would be the best candidate for the job, through the Apply Today button below.
We will honor all requests for application confidentiality.