Assistant Operations Manager
Saltwater Inc. is looking to hire a full-time Assistant Operations Manager based in Anchorage, AK. This position is in our ProTech division and reports directly to the VP of Operations and is responsible for providing support to the VP in a variety of Operations Management tasks as outlined below. This position requires a self-motivated, out-going individual with strong management skills and the ability to see the big picture, while completing day to day tasks. The Assistant Operations Manager must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people.
Examples of required tasks:
- Create and submit monthly progress reports, on an ongoing basis.
- Create and post job announcements
- Recruit, interview, hire, and onboard staff
- Prepare proposals for ProTech bids including – outlining, researching content, drafting content, conducting compliance checks, and organizing ideas to create a cohesive response to bid requirements.
- Assist with assessment of bid opportunities.
- Learn and take on new duties.
- Saltwater Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status or disability status.
- Saltwater is a non-smoking office.
- Saltwater’s mandatory employee COVID-19 policy requires proof of Covid-19 vaccination in order to safeguard the health of our employees and their families.
- Ability to work in a dog friendly office a must.
Required Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years demonstrated experience as Program Manager or Project Manager for government contracts OR 2+ years demonstrated experience managing small business operations OR 2+ years non-profit project management experience.
- BS Degree in fisheries, biological sciences, or natural resource management. Alternative degrees may be substituted on approval.
- Proposal writing experience.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to maintain a calm, positive presence with a balanced approach to problem solving.
- Strong organizational abilities, including planning and delegating tasks, and monitoring business processes.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work to meet all deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience working with or for NOAA/NMFS is preferred.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience preferred.
- Fishery or marine mammal observer experience appreciated.
This position is based in Saltwater’s main office in Anchorage, Alaska.
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Open until filled. Review of materials will start immediately.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org