Administrator – Alaska Marine Mammal Health and Stranding Response Program
We are recruiting an Alaska Marine Mammal Health and Stranding Response Program Administrator for a federal contract we are bidding on in support of the Alaska Region (AKR) Protected Resources Division to provide administrative and data support as well as some outreach. This position will start October 1, 2022 and end September 30, 2023 with the possibility of up to two one-year contract extensions.
If you are adept at administrative work, are detail-oriented, and want to have a positive impact on marine mammals through educating communities about marine mammal stranding, this may be a position for you. This job will be located in Juneau, AK, and is part-time. The approximate required hours will be 210 hours not to exceed 262 hours per contract year. The selected candidate will work closely with AKR Stranding Program Coordinator, Entanglement Coordinators, Alaska Region staff, and with the Alaska Stranding Program Network Members (Network) to provide administrative support, some outreach, and stranding data management.
Our ideal candidate has experience with administrative tasks, is well-versed in public outreach, and has some experience with marine mammal stranding. Experience working with diverse teams, including public and subsistence users is a must.
- Provide a valid cell phone number to the Stranding Hotline answering service as a member of the Stranding Program team and Large Whale Entanglement Response team;
- Make travel arrangements (e.g., airfare, lodging, transportation) for on-site stranding or entanglement-related responses;
- Communicate with the Stranding Network and NMFS Office of Law Enforcement as necessary to accomplish various tasks;
- Maintain updated work schedule by posting working hours on the NMFS AKR staff Google calendar, identifying times working at the NMFS offices (during regular business hours) as well as times working offsite;
- Write or assist with 2-4 articles for the two Stranding Program newsletters per year.
- Experience working with diverse teams, public and subsistence users.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with MS Office and Arc GIS.
- Must have CPR & First Aid certification.
Salary commensurate with experience.
How To Apply
Only qualified applicants with a bachelor’s degree and the requisite experience need to apply. If interested, applicants should submit a resume and cover letter that briefly describes how you meet the qualifications listed above and why you would be the best candidate for the job.
Saltwater’s mandatory employee COVID-19 policy requires proof of Covid-19 vaccination to safeguard the health of our employees and their families.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Savannah Afoa at email@example.com.